ASUS ExpressCache is a utility for caching frequently used information on the built-in SSD. Due to the fact that the cache is located on the SSD, the access time to this memory block is significantly reduced, resulting in increased laptop boot speed and increased performance. Something similar happens when using SSHD hybrid hard drives, but there is an 8 GB SSD and therefore the increase is completely imperceptible.
- If you upgraded your system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 before 08/25/2015, then follow the steps below to upgrade ExpressCache:
- Download the latest version from the table.
- From a command prompt opened with administrator rights, run ECWin10Cleanup.exe.
- Run the ExpressCacheSetup.exe file.
- Reboot your laptop.
DO NOT REBOOT AFTER STEP 2!
- ASUS Live Update Utility – install and/or update drivers.