HP Battery Check is a laptop battery test utility. For Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32/64-bit), the utility is included in the software package
- HP Support Assistant .
It doesn’t exist separately.
To check the battery using HP Battery Check you need:
- Download and install HP Support Assistant (see the link above for a separate article about this application).
- Run the installed utility.
- In the main window, select your laptop .
- Switch to the ‘Diagnostics and Tools’ tab and click on the link ‘Battery Checker’ .
- Wait while HP Battery Check checks the battery .
- See main results and extended ones .
When checking, the battery must be charged (at least partially). If the battery charge is below 3%, then HP Battery Check may show an error or incorrect information.
The utility may recommend calibrating the battery.
- Connect the power cable to the computer and fully charge the battery (until it stops charging).
- Unplug the power cord, close all applications and start watching a movie to quickly drain the battery.
- Wait until the laptop turns off.
- Connect the power cord and fully charge the battery again.
After calibrating the battery, you can test the battery again using HP Battery Check.
Advice! The less the laptop runs on battery, the longer the battery will last. Consequently. If possible, it is best to always connect the power cord to the laptop and work from the mains.